Our Vision Trips provide like-minded leaders and philanthropists a way to share the vision of James Project of Latin America/Shadow of His Wings. During these trips, you and your friends are provided with a hands-on, interactive experience with the orphans and widows we serve - while leveraging your limited time, unique expertise, financial resources and influence.
What is the purpose of a Vision Trip?
The purpose of these trips is to provide you and your friends an opportunity to visit us in Guatemala, engage with the children at Shadow of His Wings, and have an on-the-field experience while learning more about the vision and ministry of JPLA.
While in Guatemala, you will visit with the women and children we serve, allowing you to develop a better understanding of their unique struggles and how we are working to provide a brighter for future for them all.
A Vision Trip typically consists of less than eight people, spending 3-5 days onsite, learning about the vision, needs, and desires of the project. We can be flexible with arrival and departure dates (weekdays or weekends are available).
Transportation will be provided by JPLA to/from the airport and during the time in Monjas. Room and board is built in to the cost. Visitors will stay in the Team House or House of Rest, depending on availability.
The directors, Bryon and Tiffany Applegate, will lead the group while here. There will be time to hear about the vision for JPLA, ask and answer questions, meet and interact with the kids and to get a feel for how God is working here.
- Friday mid-day or early afternoon - Arrive in Guatemala City
- Friday afternoon/evening - Visit city dump and see some of the areas where our children have been rescued, Drive to Monjas
- Saturday - Meet children at Shadow, Vision Walk of the Project, Visit Widows Project, and Transition Home, Tour of Monjas, Activity with Children, Q&A with Applegates
- Sunday morning - Church at Project
- Sunday afternoon - Drive to Guatemala City
- Monday morning - Fly Home
Contact email@example.com for details on costs, additional information and/or questions.